- Crafting perfect Java Docker build flow, which addresses the “bare minimum you need to build, test and run my Java application in Docker container.”
- Also relevant: manorrock/maven, a docker container that delivers a specific version of Maven / OpenJDK for Continuous Integration purposes.
- From DZone: Using Java 8? Please Avoid Functional Vomit
- “The Complete Beginners’ Guide to Artificial Intelligence” is a very high-level view of AI. It won’t teach you much about AI if you know much, but it’s a good starting point in case you’re wondering where what you think of AI fits in.
- Another from DZone, appropriate after “LinkedList vs. ArrayList“: Learning Big O Notation With O(n) Complexity
- Not Java-related, but development-related: Teamwork and mental illness in the workplace. Important note: one in four people suffer from mental illness. If you’re in a team of eight, that means that statistically at least two of your coworkers suffer from something that can’t be seen.
If you have a teammate who suffers from mental illness, Iâ€™d encourage you to champion (heart and balance) within your team. Be an ally. Help create a safe and inclusive space. Not only because itâ€™s the right thing to do, but because being around people different from you broadens your horizons and builds empathy. And empathy for others makes you better at just about every job.